1. The first promo t-shirt was produced for The “Wizard of Oz” movie in 1939.
2. Coca-Cola did the first T-shirt brand promotion, especially in the 80s.
3. T-Shirts were originally marketed as undershirts for bachelors who didn’t know how to sew or replace buttons.
4. F. Scott Fitzgerald was the first who used the word t-shirt in 1920 in his novel. “This Side of Paradise.”
5. The wrinkle-free t-shirt was born in 1980s..
6. In 1905 t-shirt consequently became the U.S Navy’s uniform.
7. Cotton, the most common T-shirt material, has been grown by humans for over 7,000 years.
8. The first company to embellish t-shirts was Tropix Togs.
9. In 1904 the t-shirt was first produced and marketed by Cooper Underwear company.
10. T-shirts first entered into pop culture in the 70s, which grew into popularity in the 198
Interesting Facts On T-Shirts
11. Movie stars such as Marlon Brando, John Wayne, and James Dean popularized t-shirts.
12. Producers use a variety of materials to make the t-shirt, along with leather, gold, and even human hair.
13. 91% of Americans have a favorite T-Shirt in their wardrobe.
14. The second most popular fabric for T-Shirts is polyester fiber.
15. Until 1930, t-Shirts were labelled ‘Skivvies’ and ‘Jim Shirts.’ Back then, the t-shirts were much lighter, weighing just 1.5 to 2 ounces.
16. The world record for the most T-Shirts folded in a single minute is 23,. Graeme J. Cruden of Manchester did it in 2009. ( you are reading Interesting Facts On T-Shirts)
17. At least once per week, 89% of T-Shirt-wearing Americans put on a T-Shirt.
18. Datta Phuge, nicknamed “The Gold Man”. He owns a shirt made of more than 3 kilograms of solid gold.
19. The Guinness World Record for the most T-Shirts worn at any given time is 257.
20. To make a full circle around the world, you’d need about 56 million medium-sized T-Shirts.
Member of (A.1) Team
You may Also like
- Top 7 Facts Those Seem Fake
- Production of Silk Fibre
- Properties and uses of Jute fibre
- Types of Silk Worm
- Top 17 Unknown Facts of Silk Fiber
- A cloth which can hear your heartbeat
- Silk was discovered in a cup of tea-Do you know?